The following are banned within the City of Salida:
- Sale and use of ALL fireworks.
- Any outdoor flame or fire, including, but not limited to: campfires, warming fires, charcoal grills including use of constructed, permanent fire pits or fire grates within developed picnic grounds or recreation sites.
- Fused explosives.
- Welding or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame.
- Smoking, except inside a vehicle, trailer or building.
- Operating a chainsaw, weed trimmer, leaf blower or similar gas powered device.
- Commercial, professional or municipal firework displays.
- Prescribed or controlled burns for agricultural or irrigation purposes.
NOTE: Gas grills are permitted but should be used with extreme caution.
The ban is in effect until amended or rescinded by the City Council or until the Interim Fire Chief, Doug Bess, finds the ban no longer necessary.
Fire risk is high because of extremely dry conditions. The City asks for your cooperation with this ban. If you have questions, please call 539-2212.
Article source: http://cityofsalida.com/2012/06/fire-ban-in-effect/