All Aboard party for Forrest Whitman

Dear Salida friends,

Because I know that you love Salida like I do, I’m asking for just one minute of your time please.
I am helping Forrest Whitman in his run for mayor of Salida in the November election. I believe in Forrest because he is smart, experienced and genuine in his desire to be of service to our town. Also simply because he is willing to do the job and is a kind and cheerful man. Our council chambers need a touch of friendly leadership right now.

In the last two years our Salida peace of mind has been disturbed and I want to do something about it. The problem is not that people disagree, it’s how they’re disagreeing. Discourse has turned mean, unkind and “un-Salida.” We can do so much better. I’m confident Forrest has the skills and experience to help us turn this around.

Please come to the All Aboard party to kick off Forrest’s campaign and take a stand for leadership, effective governance, respect and kindness. After all, that’s the small-town character we inherited from native Salidans. The gathering is at River’s Edge on W. Sackett St Wednesday 8/5 from 5 to 7.
Let’s put fun and functionality back in civic participation!

If you believe, as I do, that Salida can do better, will you please send this to 5 friends right now who will add their energy to the cause? Invite them to the kickoff party and ask them to help put a smart, positive leader in the mayoral seat in November. If you are not a Salida voter, you know 5 people who are. And if you cannot join us and want to contribute please visit www.forrestformayor.com. Like us on Facebook forrestformayor. Thank you; you’re the best!

Yours very sincerely,

Lawton Eddy P.S. Please let me know if you would like to help me with the campaign by hosting a house party, door knocking, envelope stuffing, phone calling, donating time or money, posting a yard sign or wearing a button. [email protected]