Denver must commit to new climate plan goals

I thought this was interesting. I have not dug not this topic as it relates to Salida, but in light of the upcoming elections, I am curious where the candidates stand on a climate action plan for Salida. -bd

The city of Denver recently released a new climate action plan on how our city can tackle the threat of climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions 80 percent by 2050.

Over the past year, leaders from across our community have worked together to develop this roadmap, which found that in order to achieve our climate goals, Denver must generate 100 percent of its electricity from clean, renewable sources of energy by 2030.

Now, we must raise our voice in support of this plan and make a fair and just clean energy future a reality here in Denver. City leaders need to hear from our communities in order to adopt these important goals and move us closer to a sustainable future. If we don’t speak up, we could miss this opportunity to combat climate change and transition to 100 percent clean energy — both an obligation to protect our communities and an opportunity to strengthen our city. FULL ARTICLE: