Pot gummy bears and animals

This is the second time this has happened. My dog got high on what I presume is gummy bears from a dispensary. This may sound funny, but I assure you the dog doesn't think so. We have been hiking in the foot hills around Salida for years. I have found gummy bears left on the trail. I would like to give people the benefit of the doubt, and call this accidental. Never the less, the local dispensary tells me there is 100mg of THC in one gummy. This may be an appropriate dose for a 150 lb person, but for a 40 lb dog it is a massive dose. I hate to think what it would do to a Grey Jay or a 10 lb fox. For the dog it was incapacitating. She couldn't walk. She vomited, but not before the THC was in her bloodstream. I'm writing this the next morning, and she is still struggling. I have no idea if she found one or several.

I would like to ask people who are eating THC gummys to please be careful with them. Please make sure you don't loose any on the trail. They would surely be fatal to small wildlife simply due to the inability to walk, run or fly. I would hate to think of a child finding them.

Comments

• I stand corrected. A bag of 10 gummy bears has 100mg of THC. Each gummy has 10mg in it.

• ...I understand, my dog got into some pot food over at Burmac, scary for a night.

• The first time it happened was over by Burmacs, and I have seen gummy bears on the trail over there. We don't hike over there anymore. This time is was up county road 250. Dog owners beware.