We are a month in to school and FINALLY, I am starting to feel the rhythm of the school-year. The unseasonable weather shifts have made finding this rhythm a little more challenging, but now that the leaves are changing and the temperature a little more crisp, the air just smells like FALL!
Salida Recreation Department and various other Friday Enrichments providers are pleased to offer you an array of offerings this autumn!
• This fall, both the Salida Dance Studio and the Tenderfoot Dance Co-Op have several different activities going on! Zumba, “Boyz Dance”, jazz, ballet, modern dance, composition, and point are just some of the Friday offerings.
• Boys and Girls Club is offering “Wonders of Science”, knitting, chess, pickle ball, field hockey, circus classes, and so much more!
• GARNA is offering “Geospatial Explorations”; this activity is for middle and high school students. Students will learn about GIS, GPS units, computer mapping and geocaching.
• The City of Salida Recreation Department has teamed up with GARNA and CSU Extension Office to provide “Camp Friday”; each week different activities will encourage scientific, natural, musical or physical exploration!
• Salida Recreation continues Rowdy at Riverside for pre-school aged children, and
tumbling on Fridays with “Tex”, a renowned gymnastics instructor from Colorado Springs.
• On November 7th, The Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area will be celebrating their
25th anniversary! Children of all ages are welcome to this FREE event. Fun, earth-
friendly events planned, with snacks to follow at noon!
Don’t forget to visit www.salidarec.com/fridays to see all the details of the above activities that are being offered in our community! These opportunities would not be possible without the support of High Country Bank and the City of Salida Recreation Department. This partnership is a great demonstration of how different entities can come together for a bigger purpose. Thanks to HCB and Salida Rec for supporting the enriching opportunities that are being offered to our children, on Fridays!
Aside from all of the hustle and bustle of promoting activities for our Friday Enrichment providers, we would like to bring all providers together on November 4th at 11 am, at the Touber Building, in the Methodist Room. In this meeting, hosted by the City of Salida Recreation Department, we will discuss short and long-term goals, scheduling, needs, and opportunities for all providers. This is part of the effort to ensure we are meeting the needs of children and families in an efficient and effective manner. Please RSVP to Robin NeJame at [email protected]
Robin NeJame is the Friday Enrichment Outreach Coordinator for the City of Salida.