Creative Mixer is Thursday May 14

edited May 2015 in Events

Salida Council for the Arts invites everyone with an interest in the arts to attend its monthly "Creative Mixer" this Thursday, May 14 at 5:30 pm in the SteamPlant Paquette Gallery. The free public gathering is a popular venue for artists, writers, musicians, and other creatives to meet and socialize on a casual basis.

The event's featured guest artist will be Salida painter Sally Mather, whose mixed media collage exhibit, "Family", combines figurative elements from old family photos with sewn and mono-printed papers. "After ten years of plein air painting the direction of my art has dramatically changed course," says Mather. "This body of work is the result of a series of serendipitous events and happy surprises." Her show will remain on display through May 30.

Featured musician will be local singer/songwriter "Keeper", whose acoustic music is a balanced mix of both original songs and old favorites. A John Denver tribute artist, he likes to keep the music and message of artists like Denver alive. Explains Keeper, "I play the songs that take you back in time, that make you say, 'I haven't heard that song in years!'"

Free hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar will be available; and guests are invited to use the popular "soapbox" time to make announcements of interest. Salida Council for the Arts is an all-volunteer organization working for the betterment of the arts, artists and community of Salida. For more information visit salidacouncilforthearts.org